Wall, SD Has an Excellent School System
The people of Wall, SD genuinely care about our youth and are willing to invest in their education and opportunities for extracurricular activities. This is why we have built new schools and an athletic complex that rivals ones found in much larger cities. Children are a priority in Wall, so if you are looking for an amazing and safe place to raise your family - you’ve found a home in Wall.
Awards for Wall, SD School District
- 2017 National Title I Distinguished School Award
- 2014-2015, 2015-2016: Wall High School, state “status” ranking, top 10%
- 2014: Newsweek’s list of best schools in the nation
- US News, Best High School, bronze ranking
- 2012, 2018: Wall Elementary School, National Blue Ribbon School
- 2012: Wall Elementary and High School, Exemplary School
- 2011: Wall Elementary Nationally Recognized Title 1 School
- 2006-2011: Distinguished School District
- Top Ten Schools in South Dakota
Wall School District #51-5
The Wall School District features an elementary, middle and high school. Student to teacher ratios are low (11 to 1), allowing students to receive one on one support that they may not in larger cities. The teachers here are also highly experienced, another benefit to students, having taught for an average of 17 years. With a 100% high school completion rate and 100% career readiness, families can be confident that their children will learn, grow and thrive in Wall, SD.
Youth Sports and Activities
Children also have the opportunity to participate in sports, including football, volleyball, boys and girls basketball, wrestling, track, golf, cross country, rodeo and gymnastics. The school has a new athletic field and gymnasium so students benefit from practicing and playing in a great environment.
Students looking to get involved outside of athletics can participate in theater, FFA, FCA, FCCLA, the National Honors Society, oral interpretation and drama, along with 4-H, Girl and Boy Scouts.