12 Ways to Celebrate National Entrepreneurship Month in 2023
17 Nov 2023
The Wall EDC team is celebrating entrepreneurs, start ups, and business owners in our community for National Entrepreneurship Month. Entrepreneurs are tremendously important to the economy, both on a local and national level.
As innovative problem solvers and the backbone of the U.S. economy, entrepreneurs make up 99% of the small businesses that employ Americans. Innovation is the name of the game, and as entrepreneurs, they see the problems, find solutions, and create answers. An example we all can relate to is Karl Benz. He saw the problem of people walking, found a solution for mobile transportation, and created the first car. Decades later, Henry Ford saw the problem of car demand, found a solution to mass production, and made the assembly line to manufacture multiple cars at a time. Centuries after Karl Benz’s first vehicle, when people grow weary from walking, they call a rideshare or request a pickup from a friend or family member. Vehicle innovation has now morphed into electric cars. Entrepreneurs are heroes.
November is National Entrepreneurship Month. What started as a day in 2010, turned into a month-long celebration thanks to the deserving recognition of the tireless efforts entrepreneurs consistently endure. National Entrepreneurship Day is still annually acknowledged on the third Tuesday of November.
National Entrepreneurship Month is the perfect time to celebrate Wall’s fabulous entrepreneurs. We welcome them with open arms and thank them for choosing Wall.
How to Show Your Appreciation for Entrepreneurs this Month
As natural problem-solvers, entrepreneurs are also job drivers, economy-stabilizers, and family builders. When an entrepreneur gets their business off the ground, they hire employees. Employees take those wages into their homes to provide for their families and into communities to purchase necessary and desirable goods and services.
To celebrate them this month and beyond, here are some ways you can say “thank you” to the entrepreneurs in Wall, SD.
- Purchase something from your favorite entrepreneur or from one you haven’t shopped with before.
- Specifically buy from a woman entrepreneur on November 19th, Women’s Entrepreneurship Day.
- Volunteer your time and assistance.
- Consider a service-based entrepreneur and schedule an appointment.
- Leave a review on their social media.
- Share love by posting a review on your personal social media.
- Follow entrepreneurs’ social media pages and interact with them.
Entrepreneurs and businesses can:
- Support local crowdfunding websites.
- Mentor a new entrepreneur.
- Start or attend monthly Entrepreneur Only networking meetings.
- Volunteer teaching small business basics at the local Chamber of Commerce.
- Remind others to be thankful for the journey you are on together.
Entrepreneurs are community leaders, and National Entrepreneurship Month offers a time to acknowledge their creativity, problem-solving skills, courage, and hard work. We encourage Wall residents who are interested in starting a business to give it a shot!
Wall welcomes entrepreneurs who are looking to open, relocate, or expand their business. Feel free to contact the Wall EDC team at (605) 279-2658 for more details.